Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lynyrd Skynyrd or Carpe Diem

I just cut the first half of this old entry.
I still agree with what I said for the most part. But in some ways I see things differently, now. And now this reads as a sucky post, I'm sure.
I was talking about tattoos--and I chose not to get one. And I'm glad! Commitment resides within the construct of freedom in that it's a choice. And I choose not to have a tattoo.
~~~

Freedom swirls in the present. Being there is key to living a "sweet life." It's probably key to living, period.

Perhaps some of my most potent points of freedom have been on motor boats. Seriously. The wind pouring into my face probably erased any errant thoughts. The last time was in Kenya, while flying along an inlet of the Indian Ocean. Wind-soaked and wind-swept, sea droplets clinging to my cheeks, my gut up somewhere near my heart... My hair was loose and my eyes shut, all as the sun was setting. Truly it was a perfect moment, with only the sound of the humming motor and the boat slapping small waves in the air. I remember trying to hang on to it all, wanting that present sense of freedom to last forever.

And now, in this moment, I'm flat out tired. And not even sure if this post makes any sense. If it doesn't, I can always re-write it. Yup. Freedom.

No comments: